Thursday, August 13, 2009

My First Set of Blisters!

The transition to the new house is almost complete. All of our stuff minus 1 set of queen mattresses, a mountain bike and a safe have made it to the new abode. That is a relatively random collection of items, I know, but that is what was left the day I lost my steam moving furniture and have not been back.

Inside and out things are really starting to take shape! I spent the better part of a day doing yard work and came away with two nice battle scars. (blisters) Then I spent the next 3 days trying to figure out what was wrong with the cord feeder on the weed eater I borrowed from Easy. I still have not figured out its malfunction, I am assuming user error, so I returning it to its rightful owner for further evaluation. Heidi had her septum surgery on her nose last Tuesday so I attacked unpacking everything last week on my own. Apparently carrying boxes and furniture becomes more difficult with every passing decade! The silver lining on this solo mission was allowing my ocd to flourish and most everything is evenly spaced and aligned...

Off the subject Heidi and I are celebrating our 5 years together today August 13. It is a date that should be easy to remember for me since it all began Friday the 13th, 2004 (that should of been my first sign!) Teasing. It has been a fun and exciting time with bumps and bruises (as one would expect) to go with plenty of smiles. My "roommate" as I like to refer to her (She does not care for it much) has kept my on my toes and much years younger. She has been a great friend and companion and I look forward to many more years in the future...

2 comments:

  1. So when can we expect interior pictures to be posted???? or better yet, I'll be in Houston 9/10 - 9/15......maybe I can drop by. Going to be at Memaw's on 9/12 for her BD. Don't know the rest of my schedule yet. Hang in there with the house. Being a homeowner does have rewards, like on 1/1/2010. By the way, who's going to claim the tax advantage????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to post pictures of each room as I finish it but we still not even finished room #1 yet.

    We would love for you guys to swing by in Sept. By then, hopefully, we will have made more progress.

    I am planning on claiming the tax breaks and the $8000 first time home buyer credit. Heidi's dad does her taxes and I am not sure exactly what forms, exemptions he does. Not we just have to decide on investing the $8000 in furniture for the house or just applying it towards the mortgage.

    ReplyDelete